Monday, January 25, 2010

Everybody Poops...

So...if any of you are followers of my facebook status, you will know that I was fortunate enough to have a colonoscopy Friday. Before I go into that, I guess I will give you a little update on what has been going on, because lets face it, colonoscopies aren't something that are on the usually on the yearly to-do list for this 26 year-old.

*Disclaimer* If you don't want to hear about my nasty tummy, don't read this post...

Anyway, I started to have really bad stomach pain shortly before Christmas. Thinking that it was just the flu or something that I ate I didn't think to much of it, until the pain kept getting worse, and worse. Then the nausea and diarrhea started. TMI, I know. But don't we all share a little too much on our blogs sometimes?

Monday I started having severe pains in my stomach, so they put me on a liquid diet. Last Tuesday, the pain in my stomach got SO bad, I couldn't get up off the bathroom floor. I couldn't even keep the liquids down, so I ended up in the hospital on IV's. They let me come home Thursday night, just in time to finish my prep for my colonoscopy. Which "cleans you out" literally. Friday, I had the scope, where they took some biopsies, but didn't find anything too substantial. And today, I am back to square one.

I won't know anything for a couple of days as far as the colonoscopy goes, but all of the other tests that they have done have come up negative. I had some more blood work done today, so we shall see what happens within the next few days! I am trying to stay positive, but I have now lost over 10 pounds in less than a month, and I just want to be able to eat normal again!!! But I will keep you all posted!

Thanks to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. Thanks to my family, for staying home..even though it was super hard for you to be so far away. And thanks to Ryan for staying by my side!

5 comments:

  1. i hope they figure it out soon lady.

    pooping is totally overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know we're thinking of you and you're in our prayers. I'm glad to know how you've been I just wish you were feeling better. Honestly let me know if you need anything (even if it's a bowl of soup or something more). Heck I'll even fight the National Guard to get it to ya :) Know we'll keep thinking of you and praying for you.

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your mom is having a nervous break down, by being so far away!! Hope you feel better and we'll keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stomach pain and tooth aches... are the worst. I hope they figure it out soon... because you certainly don't have another 10 lbs you can do without!!! *hugs & prayers* comming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no. did you have to drink that awful sour stuff? (shudder) hope they figure things out, cause kate, pooping is VERY necessary!

    ReplyDelete