Monday, April 26, 2010

Girls trip part deux.. "Missoura" to see the Moss'


After WAY too long of a drive through Iowa, a state that lets just say does not have much to offer for eye candy besides a lot of CORN, we arrived at Andy's house late Sunday night. I had not seen his kids in over a year, and I couldn't believe how much they had grown! I knew of course that the baby would grow, but my little Isz was getting so tall!! Being the awesome dad that my brother is, he decided to let Isz miss a day of school to hang out with her awesome Aunt Rach and Meags and Grandma. First on our agenda was the Bass Pro Shop. Or, as my bro and the locals of MO call it, the "Pro Bass Shop." That place is awesome! For those of you from around MN, it is like Shiells, only ten times bigger, and AWESOMER! Plus, they have a restauraunt that serves gator tail. Something that everyone needs to try at least once, right?


After a few good hours in the "Pro Bass Shop", one coca cola, two trips to the restroom, and one 7 year old lost, found, and returned by a friendly cashier, we were hungry for some dinner, or lunch, as most Americans call it. My brother knew a good BBQ place close by, so there we went.

Now, when you say BBQ in Missouri, they don't mean the junk that they serve you at Famous Dave's. This is the good stuff. They hire people to sit outside a smoker and cook ALL DAY LONG. If you have never had ribs in Kansas City, add it to your bucket list. They are must haves!

After dinner, we decided that we needed to get a little exersise and walk off all the delicious BBQ that we had just scarfed down. My neice wanted to go to a park, but Andy took us to the Springfield Nature Center. It was really pretty, we hiked down to a little lake, and watched the turtles swim and play on the logs.

We let Dante get out of the stroller and run around for awhile, and Iszie took some excellent pictures with my camera. It was a really fun day together. It was all leading up to the AMAZING supper we were about to have with Steph. But that is another post in itself!!! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Wow way fun! I am so adding that to my bucket list. I have to admit I was so confused about the whole dinner/supper/lunch thing when we first moved here--I still am not sure which meal people are talking about half the time--lol :)

    ReplyDelete