Thursday, May 20, 2010

Protect Your Noggin!!!!

Since a lot of you don't get to see me on a daily basis at work, I thought that I would
"borrow" some of the pictures that were posted on my work website. Last Saturday, St. James Medical Center held their annual Bicycle Safety Rally. They, along with various community sponsors sell helmets at a discounted rate to teach children of the area about the importance of bike safety and protecting the old noggin. Some of the girls that I work with and myself decided to volunteer at it, and fit some of St. James' finest with bike helmets. I mostly enjoyed fitting the toddler and baby helmets. How dute is this little peanut?!!! I was putting on his helmet, but I secretly wanted to pinch his little cheeks!!!





After the crowd died down a little, I decided to borrow one of the bikes and try it out for myself, to make sure that I still remembered how. The little girl that I borrowed it from said that I was too big and I wouldn't be able to ride it, but I had to prove her wrong....





Once everyone had been fitted for helmets and were ready for crash landings, we were all set for the big finale. The Mayo One Helicopter was going to make an appearance. I had seen it come to the hospital to take a patient or two, but I had never seen it up close. After the sea of kids left, Hannah, my P.I.C (partner in crime), and I got a chance to check it out. It was HUGE! No wonder they make it to Rochester so quick!

We chatted with the pilot and crew for a few minutes, then snapped a couple of photos, and it was time for them to head out. As I watched them fly away, I thought of how many lives they had saved. It made me proud to be a part of such a great medical organazation as the Mayo Health System!!





Photo Credit for all Pics: Anita Schlabach

Pictured: Neissa, Chelsea (Aka: Crystal), Dr. Amechi, Me, Brenda (Aka: Beatrice), Hannah, Anita

5 comments:

  1. Wow so cool! I love all the pics!!! And the little baby is ADORABLE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an awesome daughter. We know you are loving your new adventure but we cant help but miss you every day. Keep up the good work. Love ya MUM and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way cool. I love being a part of health care. Rob and I just bought helmets ourselves...on Wed! Now we just need to ride our bikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're too Darling for words. Thanks for posting those pics. Love seeing what you do for work. My work is not nearly as exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *agrees with jessica* lol. you are too cute!! love the photo of you on the trike.

    ReplyDelete