Saturday, September 26, 2009

Karma....With a Chance of Meatballs


Today I took my nephews to a movie.
"Cloudy
With a Chance of Meatballs" in 3-D. Due to the fact that the movie theaters here do not have my favorite drink of choice, which any those of you who know me know that it would be Coca-Cola, I usually sneak my own in. If you look around at the female population you would see that in fact 99% of St. George must be coke drinkers as well, thus the big purse trend. It has gone on since as long as I can remember. Kate and I would sneak in coke from her mum's pantry and buy sour patch kids from the local gas station. Well, on this occation, I decided to allow my adorable nephews to b.t.o.c (bring their own coke's) as well. Now, I know what you must be thinking, kids and coke, but hey, I'm their Aunt, I am moving away, when we hang out, they pretty much get to do whatever. Chase chose a Sprite, Hunter chose a coke...back to the story....


So I know that its bad to b.y.o.c to the movie theater. But come on, they charged extra for a 3-D movie, and they don't give you the afternoon discount either. So it was $7.00 for each of us to see the movie. What ever happened to $.50 matinees? Well, I walked in with my large fashionable purse, waited behind a family of ten to buy out the whole consession stand, and sat down to watch the movie. As I opened my purse, I was horrified. Hunter's coke had leaked all over inside my purse. My credit cards were having happy hour in Coca-Cola. I didn't know what to do, coke was leaking all over my pants. I thought forget it. This is my karma. I put my purse on the floor and watched the movie. All I can say is, all you girls with the big purses, think twice about bringing your own drinks.....cuz karma might come spilling all down your True Religion jeans.

3 comments:

  1. That is freakin' funny! Sorry, but it is. I sneak in my crystal light and Josh's Dr. Pepper too. They rip you off at the movies! I can't wait to go and see that movie, it looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. It was bound to happen to one of us. Coca Cola.. sounds sticky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. but where is the movie review? I don't care about you spilling coke all over your purse thingies, what about the movie? :P

    ReplyDelete