Saturday, September 26, 2009

So, this is for you Kate, and all the others who wanted to know. Here are some pics of the town I will soon be calling home. Yes, it is small. The population is 4,695 but is soon to be 4,696. It is small, but has quite a few amenities. Here are a few pics to keep you up on everything....

First, the lake. Not sure if it is just called "St. James Lake" or if it actually has a name, but I will let you all know. Since it is the state of 10,000 lakes, its not too hard to find one. It is actually quite big! I can't hardly wait until it freezes over. Hopefully I get an ice fishing invite!



Next stop on our tour of St. James, the Super 8 Motel. If there isn't enough room at my place, they will make room for you here! Any they might even cook you breakfast!! Next....



St. James Medical Center. My future place of employment. I can't tell you how excited I am! Excited about meeting a whole new group of people with new ideas about life! The clinic itself is a clinic made up of Primary Care Physicans, a 17 room Hospital, as well as other facities to assist patients. Next up on the tour.....



St. James Movie Theater. I don't know much about it yet, just that it looks really cool from the outside, and that they only play one movie at a time. None of this ten movies to choose from. Tickets are only $3.00 on Mondays and $4.00 Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, they don't show movies any other days.

Photo Credit :Bill Conway

Well, that concludes our tour of St. James! But there is oh so much more I could show you! We've got a McDonald's, a Pamida (which the people at work call the "Poor Man's K-Mart"), Caballo Loco, Maria's Western Wear, Subway, Pizza Hut, Ace Hardware, Dairy Queen, Saint James High School (home of the Saints, yeah I know creative right?), plus many more! Please don't be a stranger, to little southwest Minnesota!

5 comments:

  1. I'm dying over that theater! How charming! I hope that you meet great people in your adventure. Ice fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be inviting me over of course? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo, you should change the color of your font! At least you didn't get pop all over you, right?! Hope your purse wasn't leather. Mybe I'll have to take the girls to see it, they love to go to movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. How on earth did you find this little town? It is sooo darling! You better take a pic of the lake when it's frozen over. I bet it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well my dear...don't you look different with red hair!!! Dad and I have read the blogs and will add it to my favourites. Take care. Cherie and Lindsay

    ReplyDelete