Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Blizzard...

Well, the snow has come. People have talked about it since I got here, and it finally arrived. The first BIG storm of the year. It started snowing really bad yesterday, and we got the news that we were on blizzard warning late monday night. Due to the warning, and the snow, most of our patients cancelled. Since I live close to the clinic, I offered to stay and work urgent care. Lucky for me, urgent care was cancelled, because not a single patient had called in for an appt.

Since it is usually dark when I get off work, one of the girls that I work with was afraid that if she did go home that she wouldnt make it back for work the next day because the roads would be closed. So she decided to crash at my house! It was kinda fun to have someone here, someone to talk to. I think I scared her a little with my winter driving skills though, or lack there of! We ate pizza, and watched a movies.

When we got up to go to work, I thought that I would check out the situation to see how bad the snow had drifted. I couldn't even open the back door to my apartment! There is about three feet of snow blocking the door! We watched people from my front room over and over try to get their cars out of the snow. I decided I had better see if I could get someone to give us a ride to work. Just as I was doing this, I got a call from my boss to tell me that they were closing the clinic until 12:00. Sweet! Hannah and I went and got some doughnuts from the bakery, which is always delish!

Later on they told us that the clinic would be closed all day. It looked as though the roads were pretty clear, so we decided that we had better see what the situation looked like with my car. The above picture is what we found! If you look close, you can sort of see the stairs going up to my apartment. Trust me, it could have been a lot worse. I just backed my car out, cleared the snow off, and everything was fine!!

We are in for more snow, and the windchill is supposed to get down to -30 tonight. So I am trying to stay inside as much as I can! It is a good thing that I have groceries!! This is so exciting!!

5 comments:

  1. Holy Cow!! Now that is snow! good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Minnesota, Meagan!!! we've enjoyed our snow day, too! SO glad we just got a snowblower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this makes me want to hug you. that would be warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! Exciting? Let's see how excitingitis after 3 years. I HATE the snow. Tonight's supposed to get down to -12. I guess it could be worse... it could be -30! LoL. Hang in there Meagan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that is why I could never live in Minnesota!!! Heck I can't even live in Marysvale because of the white fluff. Don't freeze! Drive slow and find some snow chains!

    ReplyDelete